Over the past 2 months, we’ve received a lot of requests for more content and more catalogs. Today we are thrilled to announce that we have partnered with Smashwords to bring their large catalog of free and paid content to Aldiko. Once you get the update, go to the ‘Download Books’ section and you’ll be able to browse Smashwords’ extensive selection of exciting fiction and non-fiction works from independent publishers and self-published authors.
Along with the new catalog, we also added a couple of new features over the past few weeks:
- Change the cover art of a book (long press the book in the bookshelf view to bring up the context menu)
- Open images in a separate viewer upon long press
- Backward/forward functions allow you to go back to where you were before clicking a link to a different section of the book
- Conveniently open links with a short tap gesture
- Options to turn pages with volume keys
We will continue to add more catalogs and features. If there is something that you’d like to see, we would love to know. Tell us here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Smashwords, Inc.:
Smashwords is a publisher and distributor of multi-format ebooks. Their philosophy is to make it easy for anyone, anywhere in the world, to publish ebooks. Authors and publishers simply upload their book as a Microsoft Word file and Smashwords will instantly convert it into nine DRM-free ebook formats, ready for immediate sampling and sale online to a worldwide audience. Since Smasword’s launch 15 months ago, there are now over 2,400 multi-format ebooks published. For more information, please visit www.smashwords.com.