Very often, Aldiko users will ask us what the fastest way is to transfer books from computer to the Aldiko Book Reader app on Smartphone or tablet. Making use of Google Drive can make transferring files from your computer to the Aldiko Book Reader on your Smartphone or tablet simple and easy. Google Drive is a cloud service provided by Google. It allows you to store and access your files anywhere, on the web, on your devices etc. Here is how to transfer files from your computer to the Aldiko Book Reader by using Google Drive:
Setup (This has to be done for the first time only):
(1) Go to Google Drive on the web at drive.google.com on your computer, sign into Google Drive (register a Google account if you don’t have one);
(2) On your Android smartphone or tablet, go to Google Play application and do a search for “Google Drive”. Download and install the Google Drive app on your Android smartphone or tablet;
(3) Sign into Google Drive on your Android smartphone or tablet;
Transferring files from your computer to the Aldiko Book Reader:
(4) Drag and drop the file or upload the file that you would like to transfer to the Aldiko Book Reader to Google Drive on your computer;
(5) Go to your Android smartphone or tablet, open the Google Drive app, you will see the file from your computer syncs and appears on the Google Drive on your Android smartphone or tablet automatically;
(6) Tab on the file, the file will start to download;
(7) When download completes, you will see a pop up window saying “Complete action by”, please choose “Import to Aldiko” and then confirm.
That’s it, now the file has been transferred from your computer to the Aldiko Book Reader. You can find the file in the library in the Aldiko Book Reader and read it on the go.