With the Aldiko Book Reader, you are not only be able to shop for eBooks from the different third-party bookstores inside the app. You can also bring or download your borrowed eBooks from local public libraries in the app and read them on the go on your smartphone or tablet. Many public libraries are now loaning eBooks in Adobe EPUB or PDF formats, you can check with your local public library to see if they offer such service. There are 2 ways to bring/download borrowed eBooks into the Aldiko Book Reader, here are how:
(1) Go to your local public library’s website on your computer, select any eBook in Adobe EPUB or Adobe PDF format, check out and then download the eBooks file. Normally, library ill offer you an .acsm file for each eBook.
(2) Put the .acsm file in the SD card/internal storage of your smartphone or tablet.
(3) Open the Aldiko Book Reader (make sure you are using the latest version 2.2.3), select “Files”, locate the .acsm file, check the box next to it and then select “Import”.
(4) If you have verified your device with an Adobe ID already, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your library in the app. If you haven’t verified your device with an Adobe ID before, you should see a pop-up window that asks you to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. After authorization, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your library in the app.
(1) Open the Aldiko Book Reader, select the “Store” icon.
(2) At Store, tap on the menu key or overflow menu of your device (For overlay menu, it should be located at the top right corner of the Store, the icon looks like a 3 vertical dots). After that, select “My Catalogs”.
(3) At the “My Catalogs” page, select the Add “+” icon, which is located close to the top right corner. After that, type in your local library’s name in the Title box, type in the website of your local library in the URL box and then select “OK”.
(4) You have your library catalog set up in the Aldiko Book Reader. From now on, you just need to tap on the library name at My Catalog, you will then be linked to the library website where you can browse, borrow and download books in EPUB or PDF format . After download, the books will be displayed in your library of the Aldiko Book Reader.